Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our onboard team dedicated to creating a safe and highly enjoyable travel experience for our customers. Permanent Flight Attendant positions to be based in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
Voted recently as Business Traveler Magazine's Best Flight Attendants in North America, Air Canada flight attendants ensure customers feel at home and safe onboard. They know that every flight is an opportunity to welcome, value and move our customers -- both literally and figuratively -- through customer service excellence. If you consider yourself a people person, take great pride in delivering memorable customer service, can handle diverse and challenging situations with poise and diplomacy and are safety minded, then you may be a great fit for the Air Canada team.Primary Functions
Highly Desirable skills, traits, training and/or experience:
- Create a welcoming, caring and comfortable onboard environment by consistently delivering welcoming and approachable service through customer engagement, serving beverages and snacks, and selling of Air Canada onboard products
- Perform safety related duties as outlined in the Flight Attendant Safety Manual including safety demonstrations, in-flight announcements and responding to a broad range of in-flight situations.
- Able to be a high performing team member in delivering an optimal customer experience onboard
- Able to intuitively anticipate and respond to customers needs
- Training and/or experience in the hospitality and/or customer service sector
- Able to lead as needed when responding to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations
- Safety conscious
- Able to handle challenging situations and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills: articulate, a good listener and empathetic
- Impeccable grooming
Conditions of Employment:
- Possess a valid Canadian passport
- Minimum age - 18 years
- High school graduation diploma or equivalent
- Able to meet our medical standards
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours (early morning, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays)
- Available for on-call shifts (holding reserves)
- Willing to adhere to Air Canadas grooming and uniform standards
- Willing to participate in and pass the seven (7) week full-time Air Canada Flight Attendant training program in either Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal.
- Able obtain and maintain Transport Canada security clearance. (To obtain this security clearance candidate must undergo a thorough criminal background search and requires a 5-year traceable history). These documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment (see Transport Canada website for additional details)
- Possession of a valid Canadian Passport
- Possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all countries that are served by Air Canada
Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French. (Bilingual)
Strong consideration will also be given to candidates fluent in English or French and one or more of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Portuguese, Greek, Danish, Dutch, Hindi, Punjabi and Turkish. Employment Equity:
Air Canada is committed to being a high flyer on employment equity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.