Multiple positions available. Full-time, part, time, casual.
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide care to clients across the life span. The Registered Nurse ensures the development, implementation and ongoing administration of the client care plans. The Registered Nurse assesses, coordinates, supervises, administers and evaluates the provision of health services and health care resources. The Registered Nurse accepts responsibility for continuing competencies through ongoing professional development, including participation in education programs, research and continuous quality activities. The Registered Nurse demonstrates the ability to accurately and effectively assess client status and to take appropriate intervention measures that have significant impact on the client’s medical condition, safety, as well as ultimate recovery.
The Registered Nurse must follow Nursing standards/protocols as required in area of nursing specialty related to the job assignment: able to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities, ability to work within team environment and to effectively contribute to client care planning processes and improvement in service delivery.
The incumbent must have a great communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of specific clients and to relay client information to physicians, who may be geographically removed, in a concise, accurate manner in order to facilitate the physician’s treatment decisions. Must have an excellent assessment skills to recognize and respond appropriately to client change in status.
The Registered Nurse position required physical demands include lifting, pulling and pushing, walking, standing, transferring and transporting clients and equipment up to a frequent basis.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited academic institution preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- 1 year relevant nursing experience desired.
- Certification as may be required within the scope of the position assignment.
- Alberta Health Services requires that the health services provider be registered as a regulated member by their applicable College and that the health services provider provide proof of their registration.
Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.