Temporary Full-time Care Coordinator
Mississauga Halton CCAC
We currently have a vacancy for a temporary (1 year contract) full-time Care Coordinator on our Central Community team working from our Etobicoke office, 401 The West Mall.
Start Date: Immediately
We’re Seeking Exceptional People to Join Our Team!
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is committed to providing outstanding care -every person, every day.
As one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, our staff help patients plan and make informed choices about their health care options. To do this, they work in partnership with patients, families, care providers, hospitals, long-term care homes and others. At the heart of our work is quality community care that focuses on meeting each patient’s best interests. Whether a job involves direct patient contact or supports those who interact with patients daily, we empower every employee to focus on our patients and their families. As demand for Mississauga Halton CCAC services continues to rise, we have a strategic plan that positions us to successfully meet this challenge. Integral to this plan is having exceptional people in place.
As a Care Coordinator, you will:
- Assess, plan, coordinate, implement and review patient needs and services to ensure they follow Ministry of Health legislation and Mississauga Halton CCAC policies and procedures
- Provide patients with information on the CCAC and other health and social services and provide consultation and guidance in terms of being a single point of access for patients to navigate the support systems
- Respond to inquiries and requests for service in accordance with patient care needs, identified risk factors and urgency of services
- Assess patient's potential for health and well being, and determine eligibility for funded services or placement into long term care home
- Develop and implement a care plan that reflects the patients' assessed needs and goals within resource parameters
- Monitor and reassess, and provide discharge services when appropriate
Experience and Qualifications include:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a registered health or social work professional including: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, or social worker
- A member in good standing with the applicable regulatory body
- A University degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable motor vehicle is essential along with car insurance covering driving for business purposes and a minimum liability of $1,000,000
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, decision making and assessment skills
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link below. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton CCAC is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton CCAC document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.