About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Receiver - South Edmonton Rec Room
, reporting to the Purchasing Manager - South Edmonton Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525 99 St NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Receiver ensures seamless processing of outgoing and incoming items. The Receiver understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of the items being processed. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents.
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned.
- Create a daily shipment schedule.
- Schedule daily transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing supply orders.
- Enter invoices in the system and track purchases
- Receive and check quality of goods as they arrive at the loading dock
- Return broken or low standard good back to the supplier immediately.
- Inform respective departments of returned goods immediately.
- Check received items physically and tally them with the invoiced items during the delivery.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Online shipping, tracking and receiving experience utilizing FedEx, UPS, Purolator and DHL.
- Experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Maintain safety around moving equipment such as lift trucks.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please