About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Content & Creative department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Freelance Web Designer
, reporting to the Senior Web Designer.
We are seeking a creative designer to work as a Web Designer for our team. The right person will be part of a multi-disciplinary design team that's part of a larger in-house creative agency. You will work with internal partners on designing and developing microsites, landing pages and other online assets, and develop rich user experiences that drive connections with our guests. You are passionate about all things web & mobile, appreciate simple and easy user experiences, have a keen eye for detail, follow the latest design and interaction trends, and want to work in an environment where your ideas are appreciated.
- Create web banners and advertisements for marketing campaigns
- Design art and creative for digital uses as needed for different mediums
- Create mockups of landing pages, microsites, and develop them into functional & responsive digital experiences
- Propose new concepts and ideas while respecting brand vision and guidelines
- Perform regular maintenance updates to areas of cineplex.com and other online properties
- Work with Creative team and clients to interpret and translate their needs and ideas into concepts and develop them into effective communication on web.
- Work with Project management team to ensure creative workflows and processes are streamlined and efficient
Hard and Soft Skills:
- Strong design background, with 2+ years of experience building unique digital experiences
- Awareness of current trends in web design
- Strong knowledge of the latest versions of Adobe Software and Sketch (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Must have a strong understanding of colour theory, typography, space, texture, iconography and user-centered design
- Ability to communicate directly with peers and managers
- Proactively self-manage time, deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
- Familiar with prototyping tools
- Working knowledge of Flash
- Experience working with various CMS tools
- Familiar with app and mobile development
- Knowledge of spoken and written French
- Passionate about movies
As with any production environment, this position may require occasional evening or weekend work. Interested applicants, please apply today and provide a link to your portfolio on your resume.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please