, a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive gaming community both online and in live venues. WorldGaming currently has an opening for the position of Front End Software Engineer
, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. This position is based at our WorldGaming office located at 208 Adelaide Street West in Toronto. About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 13,000 employees, we offer competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans.
To learn more please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon
The Front-End Software Engineer will join the WorldGaming team in creating the next generation of digital experience across our products and platform. The Front-End Software Engineer will work closely with product owners, and other software engineers to design and implement technical solutions to meet business objectives and requirements. The Front-End Software Engineer will also be responsible for researching new technologies & techniques, rapid prototype, select and integrate new technologies to create innovative user interface and experience.The ideal candidate should have:
Nice to have skills / qualifications:
- At least 5 years of professional hands-on web development.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating previous experience creating consumer facing web products. Please include URL and relevant info within your CV.
- Proficiency with modern web, iOS and Android design patterns and standards.
- Proficiency with running web development using agile SDLC processes.
- Design, develop and deploy high availability, high scalability, high performance, and secure, social media enabled consumer facing web sites, native apps and applications.
- The ability to translate high-level business requirements into tactical project definitions across multiple digital properties.
- The ability to scope initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Able to create web prototypes in lightning speed, and have fun doing it.
Additional technical keywords include:
- Previous work experience with Lean UX and Agile UX processes and development.
- Previous work experience with Java and NodeJS.
- Previous work experience with hybrid mobile tools, such as Cordova or Ionic.
- Previous work experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Previous work experience designing and managing APIs and related technologies.
- General concept around how mobile applications, including iOS, Android and Windows Mobile, are being developed.
- Backbone.js, Knockout.js, Modernizr, Bootstrap, TypeKit, jQuery, Zepto, LESS, SASS, AngularJS, underscore, coffee-script, SPDY
- Responsive Web, Mobile Web, Design Patterns
- RESTful API, CRUD, Web Services, Perl, Socket.io
- CVS, Git, Subversion
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please