About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensationand incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com. Cineplex Digital Media (CDM)
is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world's largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Our Cineplex Digital Media division currently has an opening for the position of Creative Resource/Services Manager
, reporting to the Chief Creative Officer, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 489 Queen Street East in Toronto.
The Creative Resource/Services Manager will manage the in-house Creative Services team and external creative / production vendors as required. The primary responsibility is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison between Production and Department Heads for Client Services, Creative, Production, Creative Development, Technology and Finance Admin as it relates to resourcing across all work. S/he will work with Producers and Creative Directors to assess talent needs and acts as point of contact to book and confirm talent. The successful applicant will be a dynamic, resourceful people manager and tactical wizard. The Resource Manager also works directly with Finance/Admin and HR to facilitate appropriate recruitment and staffing across the company based on an aggregate understanding of project requirements. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with the CCO to ensure resourcing budget is fully optimized. Description
- Works closely with Finance/Admin Team to ensure seamless finance processes for resources
- Manages resources and resource needs department wide (creative, WIS)
- Proactively builds on a pre-existing network of contacts.
- Ability to recognize internal creative needs or project risks.
- Monitors creative team hours against budgets.
- Assists producers in locating all agency talent / freelance needs.
- Cross between project management and people management
- Prioritizes, assigns and manages workloads for various lines of business
- Works with Creative & Account Teams and Digital Project Managers to identify, develop and implement processes that promote an integrated workforce and/or streamline workflow.
- Works with Marketing and Creative Directors to prepare submissions to major industry award shows
- Assists with the sourcing and on-boarding of freelancers & new Creative hires
- Responsible for managing resources for all potential and assigned projects and matching team members against projects (talent to task, with assistance of the Creative Directors).
- Also responsible for facilitating appropriate staffing across the agency based on aggregate understanding of project requirements.
- Ensures that project resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and communicate to appropriate project managers any resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines.
- It is also required that they enforce agency process by utilizing and requesting all departments use proper forms, procedures, etc. when requesting resources.
- Oversees and schedules, estimates and plan resources accordingly either internally or externally with agencies.
- A minimum of 7+ years management experience within an agency style services team, or internal production department.
- Proven understanding of best practices related to job tracking and project management.
- Stellar understanding of direct or target marketing and execution as it relates to B2C/B2B
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of the production cycle of projects and determining timelines, processes and quality control measures
- Design, Marketing, Project Management Degree/Certificate with strong financial understanding and competencies
- Experience working with outside agencies and creative consulting firms
- University degree or equivalent
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong financial background or degree
- Strategic thinker well versed in focusing on the big picture
- Good crisis manager with ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Business to business marketing experience
- Knowledge of digital communication channels
- Understanding of Communications Measurement
- Membership in industry and/or marketing organizations
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please.