About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Design and Construction department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opportunity for the position of Project Coordinator
reporting directly to the Project Manager, Design & Construction.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to the Project Managers with new builds/retrofit projects in department. Manage and monitor transfer of information between the internal departments, consultants, contractors, landlord and city officials (i.e. utilities). Coordinate with vendors for the quotation and approval for Purchase Orders. Manage and Monitor the FF and E (Fixtures, Finishes and Equipment) schedules to ensure timely delivery. To prepare and review Job Cost Analysis (committed vs. budget). To assist in problem solving and decision making by gathering and providing information. Key Responsibilities:
- Review drawings, plans and specifications at appropriate stages of each project to ensure compliance with all corporate requirements, regulations and standards.
- Recommend changes when applicable and ensure implementation.
- Administrative duties as required; photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc.
- Receive and distribute drawings to internal departments and external consultants, contractors, landlords, etc.
- Create, manage, distribute and monitor the FF and E schedules for each project.
- Maintain reference drawing for all completed projects.
- Prepare and review cost analysis following project completion, identifying actual costs vs. budget costs.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a post-secondary program at the community college level and/or have a minimum five years of industry related experience.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction/architectural/engineering terminology & drawings, budgeting, purchasing and accounting.
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional team building capability, confident and motivated.
- Emphasize teamwork, innovation, accountability, execution and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities within a high pressure environment.
- You must have the ability to implement and coordinate comprehensive schedules.
- Adaptable; able to constructively and resourcefully work well under pressure, demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please