About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of C ontent Jockey - The Rec Room Roundhouse
, reporting to the Entertainment Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd.in Toronto, ON .
The Rec Room isn't your average restaurant - it's a social playground that includes interactive games and experiences, a live event stage, and an upscale casual adventure in food and drinks. It's a brand new concept and we need an amazing Content Jockey to keep all of our customers engaged. The Content Jockey is responsible for scheduling and live-switching all of the entertainment, marketing, ambient, and advertising content on all of the screens in The Rec Room - and there are a lot of them, including 100 digital signage screens and two feature event screens. You'll also oversee local AV systems, occasionally shoot events for live programming, and support corporate events with video production needs. While this is a technical position, we need someone who loves a challenge, who can think independently about programming the best content at the best time, and who has the creativity to push our systems to create new entertainment ideas and experiences.Job Duties
- Under the direction of the Entertainment Manager, the Content Jockey schedules all of the content for The Rec Room's screens on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, including dayparting schedules.
- Maintain a library of available content for use.
- Working with Entertainment Manager, check that appropriate licenses are in place to play content.
- Operate cameras and recording systems to capture live content in the venue
- Working with the location General Manager sets appropriate audio levels for content.
- On occasion, live switches content onscreen to create active environment in the location. Acts as a 'video jockey' for key events.
- Schedules onscreen content as part of a variety of entertainment offerings including music, comedy, screenings, interactive events, onstage conversations, corporate events and personal celebrations.
- Ensure consistent best-in-class delivery for AV services.
- Maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
- Troubleshoot content and local systems. Support regular maintenance program and ensure AV inventory is kept in a good state of repair.
- Reports on content delivery including obstacles and opportunities encountered.
- Strong experience in production operations or similar capacity
- Understanding digital signage programming and scheduling is a strong asset
- Experience in Broadsign is an asset
- Familiar with the opportunities available with digital signage programming like dayparting.
- Understanding of video formats
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience creating or working with content matrices or programming grids.
- Experience building and managing content libraries.
- Strong AV experience in content capture, editing and video presentation.
- Degree or Diploma or degree in AV Production is an asset.
- Familiarity with emerging trends in AV Production and interactive technologies is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office an asset.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Efficient, consistent team player.
- 3-5 years' experience in related position.
- Innovative Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- An out-going, people-oriented personality
- Familiarity with live event recording and presentation an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- Comfortable working in a restaurant environment, often in public view.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and additional hours as required.
- Will be required to work in an environment with elevated sound levels and low lighting conditions
- Fast paced environment.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please