Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
Receiving Associates work as part of a team to unload merchandise from carriers and check the quantity and quality of merchandise. In addition they must RGR (Rough Goods Receipt)/ DGR (Detail Goods Receipt) and enter information about incoming merchandise into the stores computer system. All Receiving Associates are required to be licensed to use powered lift equipment (i.e., electric pallet jack, slip sheet machine, reach truck, order puller, forklift) which may be used when unloading trucks and moving freight from receiving to designated staging areas. A successful Receiving Associate must have a high level of work commitment, attention to detail and the ability to learn and follow procedures.
We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
- Cleaning and maintaining receiving area (e.g. removing pallets and cardboard boxes from the floor, using compactor and bailer, clearing area to make room for new merchandise)
- Unloading merchandise using designated equipment
- Receiving special orders (i.e., RGR,DGR, move to special order cage and locate in system)
- Identifying and reading vendor packing slips, carrier shipping documents, UPC labels and other receiving documents and comparing to purchase orders to ensure accuracy
- Scheduling deliveries and pre-post information into receiving system
- Counting carton freight and RGR merchandise to satisfy freight bill
- Identifying damaged merchandise and taking appropriate action DGR merchandise on P.O. and completing DGR process and entering detail information into receiving system by end of shift
- Following appropriate procedures to ship and receive transferred merchandise
- Researching shipment/paperwork discrepancies .Resolving scheduling or delivery issues/conflicts
- Maintaining lift equipment
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for hazardous waste materials
- Moving freight from receiving to designated staging areas using the appropriate equipment Communicating with the ASMs, Freight and Fulfillment Teams to ensure merchandise is optimally staged Removing trash and empty pallets from sales floor
- Maintaining organized overheads .Using appropriate equipment to safely bring merchandise down from overhead bays to floor (pack-down) and place additional merchandise safely in overhead
- Providing excellent customer service by using FIRST behaviors when on the sales floor
The kind of orange were looking for will possess:
- Must fulfill Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3 in previous system)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.