At Marks youll find a successful, innovative, and growing company that values people and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees and empower them with the tools and knowledge to perform their jobs in a positive environment.
The Assistant Manager is responsible to assist the Store General Manager in executing the 5 Success Factors by providing leadership and mentorship ensuring operational excellence, optimizing staff performance, ensuring customer satisfaction, maximizing sales through all business levers, (including Imagewear), and delivering bottom line performance. This is accomplished through excelling at delivery of Marks Customer Service expectations, maximizing sales, expense / cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets.
Customer Service Provides leadership to team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure to ensure that delivery on service standards are provided to each customer.Provides assistance for Imagewear, following leads and coaching team to ensure accurate and timely ordering and delivery to customer. Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Associates using one-on-one coaching, Shift Starter Meetings, and formal performance evaluation programs.Meets established Customer Service expectations
- Demonstrates and follow up on execution of Marks visual standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes and department signage, using the Workbook.
- Leads creation and execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal Visual Guide.
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate Asset Protection and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of AP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
- Assumes responsibility for all operations of the store in the absence of the SGM
- Coach and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Follow up to ensure execution of Blueprint for all departments and store
- Supports SGM in coaching to improve any team and individual performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter Meetings / meetings / coaching sessions.
- Follows up with team to complete required training within timeframes
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as necessary.
- Coaches the store team and is a leader in execution of Marks Customer Service behaviours and empowers resolution of all customer concerns.
- Maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
LeadershipContinually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store challenges, customer compliments, etc.Maintain Marks performance management expectations through feedback and coaching; this includes progressive discipline where necessary.Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment.Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily game plan for the department and store
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience required
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
Other Considerations:Physical qualifications include the ability to work long hours standing/walking, lifting up to 40lbs, reaching above shoulder height and stooping/bending/crouchingThis job requires the ability to work flexible hours which includes regular evening and weekend shifts.
Marks offers a welcoming and respectful culture, and a commitment to your training and development. Our employees benefit from flexible work hours, a positive work environment, product discounts and more.
Full-time employees work 37.5 hours and receive benefits.