What is the opportunity?
The Banking Advisor Co-op position is a 4 month program designed to give the successful student the foundation to build towards a successful banking career. In the first portion of this placement, you will learn and act as a Client Advisor, understanding the front-line needs of our clients. During the remainder of your training, you will then gain a deeper knowledge of RBC’s Advice Experience by way of various RBC products and services. As an RBC ambassador, you add value in the moments that matter most to clients and collaborate with other RBC partners to help clients achieve their goals. Whether you’re teaching a client how to use digital banking, onboarding a new client on the front counter/in an office, or referring a complex opportunity to a specialist, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences, as well as drive client satisfaction and loyalty. This head start program has the potential for second and third co-op terms, leading to an opportunity to land a full time career position in the financial services industry upon graduation.
What will you do?
- Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
- Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business.
- Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions.
- Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs.
- Take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrate passion for putting clients first, as well as success in a hands-on, target-driven sales environment.
- Problem-solving and people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and proactively connect with clients.
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a hunger for success.
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.).
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Track record in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry.
- Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canadas largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North Americas leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities atrbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.