Job Description (EN)
The Taxation Services Group of the Montral office of BDO Canada s.r.l./S.E.N.C.R.L. is presently looking for a Senior Manager to fill an important position on our Canadian Taxation Team. The candidate will be involved in multiple and complex advisory engagements in the field of taxation. We help our clients resolve complex issues related to Canadian Taxation. We also help them to successfully align the different fields of taxation with a strategy that is primarily based on benefits. We offer a complete range of professional services to small-to-medium-size business clients in the fields of Manufacturing, High Technology, Retail Sales, Distribution, and the Services Industry.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop a sound understanding of Canadian Taxation concepts and efficiently apply this knowledge of taxation to situations affecting the clients;
- Develop and apply innovative tax planning ideas through timely delivery of products and services that meet and go beyond the client's expectations;
- Propose practical and innovative solutions to the fiscal situation of the client and draw the relevant conclusions;
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with the clients;
- Widen his knowledge base and share it with his peers in order to develop his professional expertise and improve service delivery;
- Identify opportunities to market tax planning services and other special services;
- Encourage communication between the members of the team and efficiently supervise them;
- Contribute to building an environment that is stable, flexible and team-work oriented and that favors personal growth and professional development;
- Participate in the national initiatives of the Firm.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA);
- Diploma in taxation (Masters Degree or In-Depth);
- A minimum of seven to ten years experience in Canadian Taxation.
- Have a sharp critical mind, be very thorough, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications both in French and in English.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCCs Drive Away Hunger, Childrens Miracle Network and United Way
Our Vision One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.