Job Description (EN)
The downtown office of BDO Canada LLP is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Senior Accountant. In conjunction with and under the supervision of a Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the completion of all aspects of the entire engagement and on-the-job training of other team members. The Senior Accountant completes the analysis of work related to assurance & accounting projects and engagements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), Caseware, Caseview, and Taxprep
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for Manager review
- The Senior Accountant will be asked to delegate, review and revise similar work by less experienced staff members
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Identify process improvements for future assignments and share their knowledge and experience with other team members, including less experienced staff
- May assist with the financial management of assignments/projects
- Participate in new business development initiatives through preparation of materials related to new business presentations and meetings, helping to write proposals, etc.
- Plan and execute assurance engagements
- Responsible for carrying out work related to Assurance & Accounting engagements and projects (Assurance & Accounting projects may include preparation of statutory accounts, due diligence, capital raising, and tax returns)
- Work within required budgets and deadlines
Education and Professional skills / Knowledge
- Professional designation required (CPA CA, CPA CMA, or CPA CGA)
- Three to five years of professional experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both French and English
- High values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Support the vision of the Firm by ensuring the demonstration of our BDO values and expectations
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCCs Drive Away Hunger, Childrens Miracle Network and United Way
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.