Priva is a worldwide leader in the design, production and service of climate control systems for horticulture and building automation. With a unique combination of software, hardware, and services, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide tailored solutions through superior product knowledge and exceptional customer service!
As a global organization operating in over 50 countries, Priva began as a family business in the Netherlands and expanded into Canada over 30 years ago. Since then we have been operating successfully in the Niagara region of Ontario as Priva North America. We pride ourselves on creating an optimal environment for our people in which they can grow and develop. As we continue to evolve our business, we are looking to build our outstanding team of experts!
Our client is currently looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join their growing organization, reporting to the Priva Headquarters in the Netherlands. This role will be responsible for providing a full range of HR functions including recruitment, performance and development as well as employee relations. The successful applicant will be a motivated, self starter with a passion for driving change including program development and process improvement.
- Recruitment and retention initiatives to meet organizational needs
- Onboarding of new hires to ensure both legislative and role specific training needs are met
- Lead all HR related programs and projects
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the management team on HR related best practices compliance and legislation
- Provide guidance on performance development including promotions, positions changes and performance improvement
- Complete workplace investigations as required
- Participate in health & safety initiatives at required
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to meet the organizations needs
- Develop and conduct training programs related to HR policies and organizational practices
- Administer employee attendance and disability management programs, including WSIB administration
- Offer thought-leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Process and maintain employee records to ensure accuracy and confidentiality
- Develop job descriptions and associated compensation strategy
- Work effectively with global HR counterparts
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management or a related field of study
- Minimum 5 to 7 years previous experience in a Human Resources role, leadership experience considered an asset
- CHRP/ CHRL designation, or in progress
- Payroll experience considered an asset
- Business acumen and professionalism
- Knowledge and experience with ESA, OHSA, Human Rights Code etc.
- Conflict management skills
- Works well under pressure and manages stressful situations with ease
- Organized, efficient, and results-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why consider Priva?
- Competitive compensation
- A rewarding work environment that will challenge you and help you grow your career
- We are a global company with local roots
- We are committed to designing a better future for our clients
- We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace
We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation during the process, please contact Laura Gibbons at 705-712-0463.