- Req ID: 86967
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 10/15/2021
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
You will be responsible for creation, management and administration of critical spatial user interface Web and Mobile Applications and their supporting components. You will report directly to the GIS Enterprise Manager and particpicate in various agile driven projects for the business.
- Contribute to product development by providing pragmatic solutions to business problems;
- Build efficient and reusable frontend/mobile systems and abstractions;
- Find and address performance issues;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Ensure the environment maintains security and architectural compliance;
- Administration and management of web servers;
- Identify and communicate frontend/mobile best practices;
- Ensure that systems are developed which meet the business needs and specifications;
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc;
- Participate in meetings with team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Project Manager/Technical Lead;
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas;
- Participate in a 24 X 7 on-call support rotation.
- Strong knowledge of Nodejs runtime;
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Git, Team City, Artifactory;
- Proficiency managing and configuring Tomcat webserver;
- Proficiency in ArcGIS JSAPI 3.x and JSAPI 4.x;
- Understanding of GIS Fundamentals for web mapping;
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle;
- Desire and ability to adapt to changing priorities, new challenges and different technologies;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Java, Spring framework;
- Hands on experience with AWS (Cloud) SQS, DynamoDB, S3 and Glue tables;
- Familiarity with Python;
- Familiarity with database technology such as MS SQL Server, Oracle;
- Knowledge of web server (IIS);
- Proficiency with Hazelcast IMDG;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery/Deployment.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").