FULL-TIME RESEARCH ANALYST – REF# CTH-SM
Coordinated by The Career Foundation
Job Title: Fulltime Research Analyst – REF# CTH-SM
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Rate: $45,000+ to start
The Career Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that receives funding from the government, private sector companies, and individual donors. Our mission is to link the resources of private sector companies, education, and government to help all members of the community make the transition into employment.
The Career Foundation offers services at no cost to job seekers in order to help them reach their employment goals. Our services, which are available at no cost to you, include workshops, individual coaching, training opportunities, and more. Participation in these services may be suggested to applicants in order to improve their likelihood of employment success.
Our client is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Research Analyst and Senior Research Analyst position. Located in downtown Toronto’s financial district, they are business consultants providing quantitative marketing research solutions to various clients across the GTA, throughout North America, and beyond. They execute this work for a mix of clients across the consumer-packaged goods, telecommunications, retail and financial services industries. They build sophisticated choice models which they use to help their clients manage their portfolios and to optimize and assess their innovation ideas. Do you want to work with dynamic researchers who address unique business challenges with custom research solutions? If so, we look forward to receiving your application!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (75%)
- Support colleagues on all aspects of the market based research and project lifecycles; from methodology design and proposal, through questionnaire writing and fieldwork, to analysis, reporting and client presentations.
- Read tables, extract, synthesize and display data in report templates.
- Proof-read proposals, questionnaires and reports.
- Perform secondary research to support primary research-based implications.
- Source image/infographics to enhance deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (25%)
- Manage field suppliers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Act as primary point of contact for clients on various projects.
- Provide marketing recommendations to our clients based on market research, data and statistical analyses.
- Proactively address any client concerns or problems that may arise on any given project.
- Help identify new business opportunities for which we can develop research solutions.
- Work to identify and develop new methodological opportunities for clients.
- Take initiative to stay abreast of industry trends and developments, sharing these with colleagues.
- 1 – 2+ years of relevant work in a market based research / analytical role.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- The candidate must pass an aptitude test related to the desired set of skills that we are seeking, as listed below.
- Experience with digital marketing an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in SPSS not required, but would be a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, extracting, preparing, and analyzing large data sets.
- Practical statistical experience in a professional environment or business setting.
- Advanced/expert proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent internet literacy, including social networks; high proficiency in WordPress and/or other blogging platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw insights and recommendations, where required.
- Strong analytical skills, including previous exposure to quantitative exploration, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in developing, presenting and confidently communicating analytical data.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and with accuracy, with close attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Efficient time management with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to formulate digital marketing strategies
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organizational/industry acumen.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Fulltime Research Analyst – REF# CTH-SM” as the subject header. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Posting Expiry Date: March 1, 2018