Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America's leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
The Player One Amusement Group division of Cineplex Entertainment has an immediate opening for the position of Route Mechanic/Serviceman
reporting to the Regional Manager, Ontario Central, Player One Amusement Group. Please note: This position requires you to travel within the Greater Toronto Area and you will be expected to work approximately 40 hours per week. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Mechanical repairs.
- Removal and replacement of motors, gear boxes, pulleys, and belts.
- General maintenance on all kid's rides and gaming equipment, including bulk vending, replace components, test equipment, cleaning, preparation, ensure repairs are done in a cost effective manner, maintain and update your parts kit.
- Experience with Bondo, Fiberglass and painting touch-ups.
- Maintain effective communication with the employees/supervisor in your region.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
What you need to become a successful member of this team:
- The successful candidate must be bonded.
- A minimum of 2 years of technical operations, preferably with amusement machinery.
- Any technical post-secondary education would be an asset.
Please Note: a travel allowance will be provided for the successful candidate
- Must have a strong mechanical skillset;
- Must have a good driving record with "G" Class License;
- Experience with Bondo, Fiberglass, and painting touch-ups;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Exceptional communication in English (oral & written), organization and time management and skills;
- Ability to work flexible shifts, as required;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please