A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada's largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 75 million guests annually through its circuit of 163 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada's newest destination for 'Eats & Entertainment' (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs over 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Cineplex Entertainment is seeking a Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce
, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Cineplex Store is the premiere destination for Canadians to buy or rent digital movies, ranging from the latest releases to timeless classics. Our goal is to provide our guests with an unparalleled experience to find and enjoy movies that match their unique tastes anytime, anywhere - whether from their computer, mobile or connected living room device. With over 8,100 titles available for on-demand streaming or download for offline viewing, the Cineplex Store is available across all major platforms - including Samsung, LG, iOS, Android, Xbox, Roku and web.
This role will continue to propel the Company into becoming one of the top brands in digital movie delivery in Canada.
The Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce helps lead the achievement of the organization's strategic objectives by developing and executing Digital Commerce strategies that cultivate our existing relationship with the guest and create new relationships with non-movie goers beyond the exhibition window.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee all aspects of the Cineplex Store business unit
- Lead Digital Commerce team and build the team and structure required to ensure success
- Provide strategic direction to the long term business plan for Digital Commerce
- P&L responsibility for Digital Commerce - drive revenue growth and profitability for the business unit
- Identify and recommend courses of action relating to capitalizing on emerging new technologies (in consumer electronics/ digital download/rental/streaming/on demand) and new markets (outside Canada)
- Ensure seamless, intuitive experiences (UI/UX) across all customer interactions
- Ensure optimal delivery of at-home/on-the-go products through forging profitable relationships with Consumer Electronics partners including integration with numerous devices
- Architect the Digital Commerce experience to become the leading destination for Canadians who want to access movies outside the theatre environment
- Continue development of the technical infrastructure and digital delivery platform to ensure delivery of a market leading customer experience
- Oversee all merchandising, pricing strategies and promotional initiatives for Digital Commerce
- Partner with multiple internal groups to evolve the product development process to meet/exceed business objectives across multiple platforms
- Work closely with Marketing to build the Cineplex "At Home" brand and to maximize marketing opportunities across customer touch points within the Cineplex brand
- Work closely with Marketing to leverage the SCENE loyalty program, social media opportunities and Cineplex's relationship with moviegoers to drive the Digital Commerce business
- Oversee all external vendor/partner relationships relating to legal, technical and new business initiatives
- Oversee all contract negotiations with partners and suppliers including studios and vendors
- Identify and maximize synergies between digital, mobile and online technologies to ensure a seamless user experience for our customers
- Leverage opportunities afforded through studio, technology and/or industry partnerships and standards
- Grow and develop the SuperTicket product offering
- Work with Cineplex Media to create highly targeted media sales opportunities in the newly emerging digital business
- Willing to travel frequently
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, well-respected business executive with experience managing in the digital Commerce environment and will possess an optimal combination of the following:Education
- Master of Business Administration is required
- Related digital technology or engineering degrees will be considered an asset
- Ten or more years in senior roles for sufficient time to plan, implement, harvest and live with the results of a newly emerging technology business
- Ten or more years of senior level experience in an Digital Commerce, dot com/"over the top" and mobile environment from both the technology and merchandising perspectives
- Advanced technical, analytical and solution design experience
- Experience maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders in the North American entertainment industry
- A thorough understanding of the movie download/streaming industry from a technical and strategic perspective
- Extensive understanding of digital/internet/eCommerce/mobile technology to enable overall architecture and oversight of a technical team
- Experienced in "trend spotting" - has their finger on the pulse of the marketplace with sufficient depth to identify relevant new emerging trends
- New business start- up experience is an asset
- Strong leadership style - able to lead by example and to earn the respect of colleagues and direct reports
- Customer focused - astute in anticipating customer needs and committed to developing quality programs
- Ability to set strategic objectives and execute on time and on budget
- Demonstrated senior level interactive ability, including at the Board level
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills - able to engage the organization and external stakeholders and establish a high level of credibility
- Desire to learn, think "outside the box" and to develop professionally
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
Hours of work
- $200,000 - $250,000 per year
Benefits: Disability benefits, Life/AD&D Insurance, Group Health and Dental Insurance benefits, Retirement Savings benefits, and Car Allowance. Candidate will be eligible for bonuses, equity compensation and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
Location of work: Toronto, Ontario
Terms of employment:
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please