About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Are you passionate about movies? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™. Land your starring role:
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. Right now Cineplex is looking for a dynamic Part-Time Assistant Manager to assist with managing our Fifth Avenue Cinemas, 2110 Burrand Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 3H6 .
The key responsibilities for a part-time manager are:
- Assist with leading and managing a dedicated team of employees.
- Manage the guest experience - ensure each and every guest who visits your facility is satisfied and is excited about their next visit.
- Assist with managing your theatre budget and grow revenue. Forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as Canada's # 1 premier film exhibition company.
Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for growth, this position can often lead to a more senior theatre management role (i.e.: Full-Time Theatre Manager, Sr. Operations Manager, Sr. Food Service Manager or General Manager).What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
DON'T WAIT - NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO LAND THE STARRING ROLE - APPLY TODAY!While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please
- Demonstrate the strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills required to lead a theatre.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and food service activities.
- Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset.
- Aware of health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations that apply to the theatre operations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities.
- Any previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment is considered an asset but is not a requirement.