Position: Buyer Gift & Prepack
Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we’ve opened over 200 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. The sky is the limit! We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a Buyer Gift & Prepack to join our Buying department!
The Buyer Gift & Prepack provides creative, analytical, organizational support to the Lead Merchant, while helping to oversee day to day operations of the Assistant Merchant. While the Lead Merchant retains responsibility over the merchandise category, this individual also has OTB authority over a subcategory of the business. The Buyer is heavily involved in all category product development, sourcing, and buying processes, as well as pre/in/post-season product management.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
· Take initiative to drive results within Gift and pre-packaged category
· Assess market trends and identify new item development opportunities
· Support Lead with the front-end of the product creation cycle through product idealization
· Coordination of product design/development and timeline management, i.e. Partner closely with Sourcing Manager to provide clear guidelines and feedback so that can efficiently sample and get best quality/price ratio product
· Assist the Merchant with all pre/in/post-season management tasks (i.e. assortment building and planning, inventory management, monitoring and analysis of product performance and recommendations based on results, clearance activity, quality assurance, etc…)
· Direct accountability on budgeted sales and margin within assigned subcategory
· Responsible for accuracy of seasonal Visual Boards, POs, Costing Sheets.
· Assist with prioritization of Assistant Merchant’s day to day operations and provide support with Action Sheets, PKM, IT promo requests, price changes, etc
· Control around ageing product and required write offs
· Act as liaison with other departments, including Tea team, Q&A team, Sourcing, Assembly & Packaging, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Communications, Store Ops etc… to achieve joint goals.
· Work on special projects as assigned.
So are YOU our next Buyer Gift & Prepack?
· 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
· Proficient in Microsoft office environment (Advanced knowledge in Excel)
· Knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
· Good verbal and written communicator who can work cross-functionally
· Excellent organizational, project and time management skills. Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
· Easy-going, positive, and friendly team-player.Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile— one cup at a time.