The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented individuals to fill consultative, client-focused, technical roles.
At IBM, were motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBMs sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
Our Technical Solution Specialists are guided by IBM's purpose To Be Essential
. Join a company where you can do your best work!You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust, credibility and develop long-term relationships
- Help clients grow their businesses by solving strategic, technical and tactical business problems with IBMs proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Partner with clients and demonstrate your technical expertise to assist your sales counterparts and maintain client satisfaction
- Deliver industry-centric technology solutions to clients of all sizes and markets
- Work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same
- Work with the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts
- Be ready to interact with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people daily
Please note: this is not a coding, development or extensive hands-on role. This role will involve technical consulting with clients, helping them design technical solutions.
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work as a Technical Seller in any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Systems Hardware, Watson Customer Engagement. You may work as a Client Technical Leader in our Enterprise or Industry teams. Summit Training
During the nine-month development program, we provide extraordinary technology, industry solution training, shadowing opportunities and consultative sales training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to match the technical capabilities of IBM offerings to client requirements and help you grow as a leader.
We offer Summit opportunities in one of 8 metro regions: Markham ON, Toronto ON, Ottawa ON, Montreal QC, Calgary AB, Edmonton AB, Winnipeg MB, Vancouver BC.
We are currently hiring for the July 2019 cohorts.
Training requires 25% travel.This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Conversant, knowledgeable and passionate about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit