START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE IN 2019
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the worlds most complex problems there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry-Level Back-End Developers:
Work with servers, applications, and databases
Are familiar with APIs
Are skilled in working with Linux kernel, scheduler, memory management system, device drivers, and hardware architectures
Understand user and system requirements
Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Entry-Level Back-End Developers are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations.Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
What Youll Do:
- Youll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Youll employ IBMs Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Design and code servers, services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
- Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that enable continuous delivery.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Key Tech Skills: Java, Ruby, Python, additional programming languages
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.