At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases.
Data scientists work with enterprise leaders and key decision makers to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results. Data scientists use a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, and programming languages often using a cloud infrastructure to handle the volume and veracity of data streams.
Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, the data scientist communicates conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in an organization's leadership structure. Business acumen is an important skill for data scientists to effectively communicate their findings to business leaders, data scientists need strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
Data Scientists are in demand across IBM's growth areas. If hired, you will be matched to a team based on business demand, location and fit. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the worlds most complex problems there is no better place to grow your career!What Youll Do as an Entry-Level Data Scientist:
Who You Are:
- You will implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- You will be exposed to and incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques such as logistic regression, experimental design, generalized linear models, mixed modeling, CHAID/decision trees, neural networks and ensemble models.
- Youll communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- You will use leading edge tools such as COGNOS, Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning.
- Youll work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have a basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, SAS, or Python.
You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies