KIT and ACE, Bloor St Flagship Showroom - Toronto, ON
Educator (Sales Associate), Seasonal
Educators offer our guests a world-class experience. As a Seasonal Educator, you will be responsible for upholding this standard during the potentially hectic holiday season. During the holiday bustle, we want to give our guests a luxurious retreat from the commercial storm – an unparalleled experience that is about connection and conversation, not retail.
As an ideal candidate, you are passionate about design, you value integrity and you don’t take yourself too seriously. You will be able to speak authentically about who we are and what we stand for. You will offer expert insight into our innovative designs. You will provide a real, human experience disguised as a retail interaction.
- Successfully communicate special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage and care instructions
- Contribute to the achievement of daily shops sales targets
- Maintain knowledge of in-shop stock availability on the sales floor and in backrooms
- Actively maintain shop appearance, keeping merchandise stocked and organized, while ensuring that the shop is clean and well presented
- Receive and process stock from warehouse, including unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor and in back room and assigned storage areas (note: boxes can weigh 10–30 lbs)
- Assist with re-stocking and pricing duties, including sale preparation as required
- Ensure items from change rooms are returned to appropriate area, sized and tagged
- Prepare merchandise for tailoring/alteration as required, by completing necessary documentation
- Complete assigned clean-up duty
- Use the Point of Sale system to process payments, refunds and exchanges, and to issue gift cards
- Participate in staff training and shop events as scheduled
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated and driven by integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong personal sense of style
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Comfortable working in a team-focused environment
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of handling difficult customer facing conversations and interactions
- Able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Able to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings, holidays and special events
- Second language skills are an asset
Reports to : the Shop Leadership Team
Working Team : Bloor St
Works Closely with : Retail Operations, Information Technology (shipping systems) and Brand
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need top shelf, hard-working people who understand the 411 behind a startup and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to this posting and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next 5 years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
Job Type: Contract
- High school or equivalent