(Full Time - 1 Year Contract - Possibility of Perm)
Reports to: Website Administrator & Lead Developer
Work as part of the Webteam in the development of Drupal and Wordpress based, mobile friendly websites for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. This role will also assist in the ongoing maintenance of existing website projects.
- Build and/or manage sections of Tyndale's websites using standard Drupal configurations consisting of: Content Types, Blocks, Views, Template files and Menus.
- Assist in website discovery using tools such as Information Architecture Exercises, Comparison Studies, Content Audits etc.
- Enhance and/or redesign existing pages of the main Tyndale website within the Drupal framework.
- Quality assurance testing: Accessibility testing, Device & browser testing, Technical review etc.
- Assist in the technical maintenance of Tyndale's Drupal installations.
- Assist in the technical maintenance of Tyndale's WordPress installations.
- Assist in managing content on all of Tyndale's websites.
- Maintain local and development website environments for development purposes.
- Migration of data as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation supporting Tyndale website projects.
- Train other faculty and staff on using Drupal to maintain their website content.
- Research for projects related to the web.
- Meet deadlines for all assigned tasks and projects.
- Support of other Marketing & Communications team members as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree or College Diploma in web development related fields with 2 to 3 years of experience developing and maintaining Websites
- Web Design experience – graphical, web page design, content flow
- Strong HTML & CSS/SCSS skills
- Understanding of version control using git
- Good communication, project management and problem-solving skills
- Critical - works well in a team environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong understanding of website security best practices
- Able to follow coding standards
- Experience building websites with Drupal, WordPress or Jekyll
- Experience with JQuery
- Some PHP Skills
- Some MySQL skills
- Relevant experience in an academic setting
- Ability to train users
- Micro-copy writing skills
- Knowledge of project management practices