The Deck Store Inc is Canada’s largest decking design, build and supply company with 30 years of experience in building custom one-of-a-kind decks. We have 8 locations in Ontario, Canada and offer employees fast-growing, friendly and safe working environment with competitive packages and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team of professionals in the role of Metal Framer-Carpenter. You will be reporting directly to the Project Manager and responsible for installing aluminum frames and decking.
Youth and newcomers are encouraged to apply.
As Metal Framer-Carpenter, you will be working full-time (40 hours/week) at our office in Ottawa (Nepean), ON. Possible travels to other locations of the company. Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Reading blueprints, sketches and assembling plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Positioning and securing steel and aluminum frames and deck structures
- Assembling and fastening materials to make steel and aluminum frameworks and roofs
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of steel and aluminum structures and repair or replace
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements using different tools, machines and equipment
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Connecting steel and aluminum columns, beams, girders and other frame elements with bolts following blueprints
- Cutting and bending iron/steel pieces, using metal shears and vice equipment
- Other duties as required
- Education: post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent
- Work experience: 3-5 years of work experience with metals, different types of tools and machines
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English: working proficiency
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- Ability to comprehend diagrams, blueprints, sketches, plans and specifications before framework erection to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, sizes of materials and tools required
- Understanding of different types of metals properties, strengths of various materials
- Knowledge of mechanical, electric and pneumatic tools, skills to identify tools required for the tasks
- Experienced with metal processing equipment such as: marking tools, dial calipers, metal shears, drills, saws, laser levels and other
- Experienced in work on companies engaged in metal working/processing, departments/workshops specialized on erecting/dismantling and repair of metal frames
- Possession of strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to details
- Strong relationship-building abilities, proactive, results-oriented nature
- Ability to work after hours and/or on weekends when required by the needs of the business
Salary: 20 $/hour
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Ottawa (Nepean), ON
Contact information: email@example.com
Company’s business address: 454 South Service Road West, Oakville, ON, L6K 2H4.