At Rogers were for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether youre a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
The Shopping Channel, Canadas only home shopping network, is looking for personable, enthusiastic On-Air Hosts that will further our customers fun and fantastic shopping experience.
- An excellent speaker and/or product expert who relays information naturally, intelligently and credibly?
- A well rounded and upbeat person with life-experience and a passion for retail sales?
- Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and open to feedback?
As an On-Air Show Host with The Shopping Channel you will become the face of our brand. You will use your training, extensive product/market research, live television background and passion for the retail experience to build the stories that will engage our customers. Your ultimate goal is to drive demand sales, customer retention and new customer acquisition.
- Prepare for each and every hour using all available tools - script and given content, vendor and guest review, buyer review and pre-show meetings with On-Air Crews.
- Present all product offers on-air in a thoughtful, compelling and exciting manner. Ensure to portray an accurate representation of the product (by leveraging Key Selling Points and research) and present all corporate concepts as they are defined and scripted. All presentations must include a call to action.
- Meet or exceed all demand and net sales targets. Report on reasons for variances on a monthly basis.
- You must always display an aspirational (yet attainable) persona as dictated by the Corporate Style Guide. You will participate in regular Style Review and Planning sessions.
- Participate in all training activities as outlined by the Vice President of TV Sales & Programming. These may include (but aren't limited to): in-house Product Training, market research, industry seminars and/or accreditation, Vendor visits and Skills Review and Coaching. (Please note that some of these activities may require travel).
- Participate in Monthly Department meetings.
- Take part in all internal and external social media and marketing activities as outlined.(Please note that some of these activities may require travel).
- Be available to commit to set-out schedule as well as cover other shifts as required.
- This position requires shift work outside of normal 9-5 business hours. All On-Air Show Hosts must be available to work hours as dictated by the schedule.
How to apply
1. Upload a video showing us why you would be the perfect TSC Host. This should be recently shot and a maximum of 3 minutes.Please includeyour resume, head shot and demo reel link to the video clip when applying.Submissions will NOT be considered without a video clip.
2. Pick a product you love and tell us about it. Choose anything from jewelry, health and beauty, home products or electronics. Make your product shine!
Watch the Shopping Channel and get to know our products, Hosts and Guest experts. Also, the more you know about the latest trends, current events and whats happening in the world, the more you can relate to our customer (target demographic) - who is married with kids, 35-55 and loves to shop! Shes the one youre talking to!
Project a professional, confident, trustworthy image, but don't be afraid to have fun. Watch your body language. Don't slouch - smile and be positive. Be yourself and be comfortable. We are looking for real and relatable.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location:59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 108370
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. Weve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and well continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Media || Canada (CA) || ON || Mississauga || SF:LI ||