Company & Brand Overview
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astors Bar and Grill, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar; Canyon Creek, Reds Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher + Bar and Abbeys Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, facilitate and guide 5S & lean initiatives from idea generation to execution across all restaurants and Support Centre functions.
- Perform root cause analysis to support department leaders in identifying improvement opportunities and assist in the prioritization of these initiatives.
- Establish goals and objectives for each initiative, create project actions plans and select cross functional team members and leaders to work with through all phases of planning, implementation and control.
- Gather, document and analyze data with the purpose of improving operational processes.
- Provide and coordinate training on the use and application of various Lean tools/techniques within the restaurants and Support Centre.
- Assist in establishing and refining performance scorecards and dashboards, along with establishing performance standards and targets to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish and track/monitor business performance metrics on improvement initiatives to measure results, and intervene when needed.
- Perform gap analysis with operations to ensure compliance with all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide support to restaurant and Support Centre operations to improve process reliability and overall performance related to lean initiatives.
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in follow-up meetings to ensure key deliverables are measured, monitored and controlled in a sustainable/lean environment.
- Help communicate successes, along with identifying training needs and resources required to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of new tools, technology and strategies to help promote continuous improvement.
- Balance multiple improvement projects and meet deadlines while exemplifying exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Ensure cross functional coordination of continuous improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Facilitate and enhance our lean culture as a mentor, agent and change champion within the organization for continuous improvement.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate cross-functionally at all levels within the company, including senior management.
- Exhibit a positive, winning mindset to effectively collaborate with all leaders and operators within the organization.
- Participate in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Post-secondary education is required (Industrial Engineering, Project Management, Business Management preferred).
- 1 + years experience in Continuous Improvement projects (preferred).
- 2 + years experience in restaurant operations (preferred).
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project (required).
- Demonstrated expertise with Lean (Business management), 5S and Root Cause Analysis.
- Astute, with strong business acumen and the pragmatic ability to recognize the effect of decision on the guest, business and all team members.
- Hands on leader with the ability to adapt and implement change to quickly changing priorities in a continuously evolving organization by engaging all stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation/oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle as required to travel across GTA.
- Flexible work schedule required (days, evenings, weekends based on current projects/initiatives).
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.